Wide measuring range
With a measuring range of 24.6-453 mg/dl, it will comfortably detect levels outside of the healthy range of 50-120 mg/dl
Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
Excellent correlation with standard methods
A correlation coefficient of r=0.99 was obtained with an alternative commercially available method
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
- Measuring range 24.6-453mg/dl
What is Alpha-I-Acid Glycoprotein assay used for?
Alpha-1-Acid Glycoprotein, also known as Orosomucoid, is a protein found in human serum. The function of Alpha-I-Acid Glycoprotein is to act as a carrier of basic drugs, steroids, and protease inhibitors.
- Alpha-1-Acid Glycoprotein is primarily used for monitoring tumour recurrence
- Additional to monitoring tumour recurrence, increased levels may be due to inflammation, infection or surgical trauma
- Reduced levels may be caused by nephrotic syndrome, pregnancy or oestrogen therapy
- It is a useful protein to monitor alongside Haptoglobin, where levels should rise simultaneously