Calibrator included in the kit
Proving to be extremely cost-effective
Wide measuring range
The Randox Canine CRP assay has a wide measuring range of 0.8 – 20 mg/dl which will comfortably detect levels outside of the healthy range
Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8⁰C
Randox Canine CRP (Immunoturbidimetric)
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8⁰C
- Measuring range 0.8 – 20 mg/dl
- Calibrator is included in the kit
What is Canine CRP assay used for?
C – reactive protein (CRP) is an acute phase protein produced by the liver in response to inflammation, infection and tissue injury. Increased CRP concentrations occur much earlier than with other acute phase reactants- within 4 to 6 hours- and this rapid response to trauma or infection is the distinguishing feature of CRP. In addition, CRP levels return to normal quickly at the end of an acute episode making CRP useful for both the detection of acute episodes as well as in treatment monitoring.
As in humans, canine CRP is mainly for use as an inflammation marker. It has also shown uses in the monitoring of disease and treatments. It can also be used to diagnose viral and bacterial infections and infectious diseases. Examples of these include:
- Steroid-responsive meningitis arteritis
- Valvular disease
- Parvoviral enteritis
- Nasal disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Other possible uses for cCRP testing are assessing tissue injury and as a marker for naturally occurring renal disease.