Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) refers to a range of acute myocardial states, ranging from unstable angina pectoris to acute myocardial infarction (AMI) with or without ST-segment elevation. Diagnosis and risk stratification (from low risk to high risk) are closely linked in ACS.
Biochemical markers in serum are used as analytical tools for the diagnosis in conjunction with physical examination, clinical history, electrocardiogram and imaging investigations. The Randox Cardiac Array enables the simultaneous determination of four cardiac markers (including late and early markers) from a single sample thus increasing the test result output to facilitate early detection , diagnosis and therapeutic monitoring.
- Creatine-Kinase Muscle Brain (CK-MB)
- Heart-Type Acid Binding Protein (H-FABP)
- Myoglobin (MYO)
- Troponin I (cTnI)
Key benefits of Randox Cardiac Array
- Multiplex testing from a single sample
- Suitable for human serum samples
- Small sample volume
- Applicable to both fully automated and semi-automated Evidence analysers
- Increased analytical information
- Improved risk stratification of patients with suspected ACS