Routine Coagulation Reagents Performance Guaranteed. Coagulation is a complex process by which blood forms clots. It is an important part of hemostasis, wherein a damaged blood vessel wall is covered by a platelet and fibrin-containing clot to stop bleeding and begin repair of the damaged vessel.
Coagulation is measured
- when a patients blood is not clotting properly;
- when blood is clotting too easily;
- if clots remain in the body too long;
- to monitor patients on anticoagulation therapy and aspirin therapy;
- to evaluate a patient’s risk of excessive bleeding before surgery.
Randox manufacture a range of high performance coagulation reagents that are suitable for manual/semi-automatic methods.
- Prothrombin Time (PT)
- Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT)
- Thrombin time (TT)
- Antithrombin III (ATIII)