93.8% correlation with GC/MS values
Dedicated ecstasy controls and calibrator available
Specially designed for accurate calibration and quality control
On board stability of 28 days at approximately 10°C
Randox Ecstasy (Homogeneous Enzyme Immunoassay)
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8⁰C
- Open vial stability of 28 days at approximately 10⁰C
- 93.8% correlation with GC/MS values
- Dedicated ecstasy controls and calibrator available
- Multiple analyser applications available
What is Ecstasy assay used for?
Ecstasy drugs are a group of amphetamine derivatives, including MDMA, MDA and MDEA. Ecstasy drugs are popularly abused for their mood altering effects which can create feelings of euphoria. However, ecstasy can also cause the user to experience hallucinations, depression, cardiac arrhythmias and sleep disorders.
Within the human body, most of the drug is eliminated through urinary excretion. Detection of MDMA or its metabolites in urine indicates use and abuse of ecstasy.