A correlation coefficient of r=0.995 was found when measured against another commercially available method
Dedicated Ethanol controls and calibrator available
Specially designed for accurate calibration and quality control
Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8⁰C
Randox Ethanol (Enzymatic)
- Enzymatic assay using NAD and alcohol dehydrogenase
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8⁰C
- Measuring range 3-500 mg/dl
- Suitable for use with both urine and serum samples
- Dedicated ethanol calibrator and control set available
- Multiple analyser applications available
What is Ethanol assay used for?
Ethyl alcohol is present in some drinks, liquors, medicinal preparations and foods. After ethyl alcohol ingestion, the alcohol quickly spreads though the whole body and is mostly metabolised in the liver and excreted. Ethyl alcohol acts as a Central Nervous System depressant, and can lead to loss of alertness, stupor, coma and death. Alcohol consumption during pregnancy carries a heavy risk of permanent mental and physical defects in the child, known as foetal alcohol syndrome.
Ethanol measurements are used in diagnosis and treatment of alcohol intoxication and poisoning