HDL3

Home - Reagents - HDL3
reagents-logo
HDL3 Website image

*HDL3 is available for research use only. Not to be used in diagnostic procedures in the USA. Coming soon for clinical use.

What is HDL3?

HDL3 (or high density lipoprotein 3 cholesterol) is a subfraction of the HDL molecule.

Elevated levels of certain kinds of HDL3 particles reflect abnormally increased triglyceride content of the HDL particle. This alteration renders this potentially potent protection factor almost useless as a cholesterol scavenger.

Numerous emerging studies show the cardioprotective nature of HDL2 presence, whereas the presence of HDL3 has a strong correlation with MI.

Testing HDL3 enables a more complete cardiac risk profile

Standard tests for cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglyceride levels only detect approximately 20% of all coronary artery disease patients. The other 80% can only be identified by differentiating particular subgroups, and carrying out more detailed lipid testing.

Several lines of evidence suggest that measuring these HDL subclasses better reflects CHD risk than measurement of total HDL, making it an additional tool for better risk profiling when used together with other CHD risk markers.

Evidence from analysis of the TRIUMPH study of 2,465 acute MI patients, and IHCS study of 2,414 patients who underwent coronary angiography, determined that HDL3 was independently associated with a 50% greater risk for MI in each study.

Randox HDL3 assay

Randox HDL3 is an automated assay for the quantitative determination of HDL3 cholesterol in human serum or plasma.

Conventional methods for the determination of HDL2 and HDL3 in plasma involve ultracentrifugation and gradient gel electrophoresis. These methods are, however, unsuitable for routine analysis of large numbers of samples, since they require complicated, time-consuming techniques.  The HDL3-EX “SEIKEN” is a fully automated homogeneous assay for the quantification of HDL3-C.

Randox offers the complete cardiac risk profile

As clinical studies have shown, traditional biomarkers for lipids only give a limited overview of a person’s lipid profile and as a result their risk of cardiovascular events.

With primary and secondary cardiovascular issues on the rise globally, the need to encourage more extensive lipid profiling is on the increase

The Randox HDL3 assay can be added to biochemistry test menus, to help truly identify the risk of disease and as such provide the necessary tools for clinicians to prevent and reduce the risks.

Refer to our cardiology page for full details.

Randox HDL3 Cholesterol

  • Liquid ready-to-use
  • Available on most automated biochemistry analysers
  • A 2 step procedure based on patented technology from Denka Seiken
  • Open vial stability of 28 days when stored at 2-8°C
  • Dedicated controls and calibrators available
  • Measuring range of 4 – 60mg/dl
  • Demonstrates a strong correlation with the conventional Ultracentrifugation Method
  • Allows for quantification of HDL2-C by the subtraction of HDL3-C from total HDL-C
  • The HDL3 assay measures Total HDL3
Request a meeting
×
Make an Enquiry - RX series
×
Make an Enquiry - Reagents
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
×
Kit Insert Request - Reagents
×
Kit Insert Request - Reagents
×
Make an Enquiry - Reagents
×
Make an Enquiry - Quality Control
×
Make an Enquiry - RIQAS
×
Make an Enquiry - RIQAS
×
Make an Enquiry - Quality Control
×
Make an Enquiry
×
Make an Enquiry - Biochip
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
×
Make an Enquiry - Molecular
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
×
Make an Enquiry - Future Diagnostics
×
Make an Enquiry - RX series (Product)
×
Make an Enquiry - Quality Control
×
Make an Enquiry - RIQAS
×
Make an Enquiry - Reagents
×
Por favor, introduzca sus datos para ver nuestro último seminario
×