Randox H-FABP - Key Benefits
For a wide variety of clinical chemistry analysers including the RX series
The H-FABP assay showed a correlation of r=0.97 against another commercially available method
Wide measuring range
The Randox H-FABP assay has a wide measuring range of 0.747 – 120 ng/ml
- Immunoturbidimetric method
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
- Measuring range 2.94-123 mg/ml
What is H-FABP assay used for?
The combination of H-FABP’s low molecular weight and cytoplasmic location enables it to be a highly sensitive early rise marker of acute coronary syndrome, detectable as early as 30 minutes following the onset of an ischemic episode. H-FABP concentrations peak at approximately 6-8 hours and return to normal within approximately 24-30 hours. Although H-FABP has similar release kinetics to Myoglobin, it is approximately 15-20 times more cardiac specific, hence making it a more effective marker of myocardial injury.
In addition to ACS, H-FABP has been found to be clinically useful in a range of other applications, such as pulmonary embolism (PE), coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) and cerebrovascular disease.
- Ruff, C,T., et al. Evaluation of the diagnostic performance of heart-type fatty acid binding protein in the BWH-TIMI ED chest pain study. J. Thromb. Thrombolysis 2013