Randox manufacture and supply immunoturbidimetric kits for the study of a wide range of specific proteins.
- Alpha-1-Acid-Glycoprotein (AAG)
- Alpha-1-Antitrypsin (AAT)
- Anti-Streptolysin O (ASO)
- Apolipoprotein A-1
- Apolipoprotein B-1
- Complement C3
- Complement C4
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP)
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Full Range)
- Cystatin C
- Fructosamine (Glycated Serum Protein)
- HbA1c (Glycated Haemoglobin)
- Lipoprotein (a)
- Rheumatoid Factors (RF)
- Transferrin (Siderophilin)
- Transthyretin (Prealbumin)
Previously the majority of specific protein tests were carried out on dedicated specific instruments known as Nephelometers. However in recent years Immunoturbidimetric methods have become the main technique for performing protein tests.
The basic principles are the same however nephelometry uses a laser as its light source and places the detection system at a specific angle to the reaction cuvettes whereas in immunoturbidimetry the light source is typically a halogen bulb and the detection system is in line with the reaction cuvette and the original light source.
With the Randox range of immunoturbidimetric tests laboratories can enjoy comparable test results with greater flexibility.
- Flexibility – all reagents are suitable for use on a wide range of clinical chemistry analysers
- Liquid ready to use reagents
- Latex enhanced for increased sensitivity
- Wide measuring range minimising the need to perform repeat tests
- Minimal interference from haemoglobin, bilirubin, triglycerides and intralipids
- Excellent correlation with competitor methods and instruments