Randox launch authentication app for Day 2 Lateral Flow tests for vaccinated international arrival
18th October 2021: Randox launch authentication app for Day 2 Lateral Flow tests for vaccinated international arrivals
Randox, the UK’s largest diagnostics company, today announces that it is launching the Randox CertiFly App, a mobile application designed to securely process and certify results for both pre departure and Day 2 lateral flow tests – the latter a requirement for vaccinated international arrivals in the UK from 24th October.
The app, which applies ID verification technology, is designed to simplify foreign travel and facilitate the efficient transfer of secure and verified information through three simple steps:
Step 1 – Download the Randox CertiFly App and scan your passport to register
Step 2 – Collect your sample using a Randox CertiFly lateral flow testing kit
Step 3 – Scan your result using the app and receive certificate in app and by email
The app, which is solely for use with Randox Certifly lateral flow tests, is free to download. The lateral flow tests, which are ordered from Randox and cost as little as £20, are then used in combination with the app to capture the individual’s ID and securely upload the test result. The identity of users will be validated by scanning passports into the system, with future versions of the app featuring facial recognition software to further increase security.
Available in just 15 minutes, test results are processed using Randox CertiFly’s AI software, before being confirmed manually by a healthcare professional. As applicable, a Day 2 or fit-to-fly certificate will then be issued to the user and stored in the app for easy access.
Each Randox CertiFly lateral flow testing kit has a unique single-use QR code that can be registered with the app. Testing kits, which can be purchased from the Randox Health website, include swab, extraction buffer tube, waste bag, tube holder, package insert and test cassette. The app is available now for iOS and Android devices.
Commenting on the announcement, Dr Peter FitzGerald CBE, Managing Director at Randox, said:
“COVID-19 has severely impacted the way that we travel but, thankfully, testing technology has been able to help the world open up again. At Randox, we are proud to have been at the heart of UK testing and we are continuously looking at ways to make improvements for our customers. Randox has been helping millions of passengers travel safely since the onset of the pandemic by providing innovative testing solutions, like the Randox CertiFly app, that fulfil testing requirements for those who need to travel, whilst keeping costs as low as possible.”
Alex Rusak, Randox VP Business Development, said:
“With Day 2 lateral flow test results a requirement for vaccinated international arrivals in the UK from 24th October, we are pleased to launch our first lateral flow test certification app. The features of the app maximise security and allow the efficient flow of accurate and secure information to provide customers with a verified results certificate, without the need for time-consuming and costly video consultations. With the ability to process more than 100,000 certificates in 24h, the Randox CertiFly App rapidly provides validated test results, with the ultimate goal of making sure that travel is accessible, affordable, and importantly, safe.”
Fintan O’Rourke, Head Of Global partnerships at CertiFly, added:
“We are encouraged to see testing policy adapt to make international travelling easier and we believe that it’s crucial for technology to adapt alongside this to keep the country as safe as possible. Technology plays a vital role in ensuring the integrity of COVID-19 testing and that’s why CertiFly has developed an app with Randox to reduce the risks associated with fraudulent testing. We have built in the same verification technology that banks use to eliminate identity fraud and a two-step validation process for test results, with AI analysis followed by verification from a healthcare professional. As restrictions evolve, is it important to maintain rigorous testing standards in support of the UK’s fight against COVID-19, and we are proud to be part of this.”
The Randox Certifly App is available to download for iOS and Android devices following purchase of a lateral flow test at covid.randox.com
Related COVID-19 Products and Services
CERTIFLY LATERAL FLOW
HOME TEST - PCR
World Heart Day – Raising awareness of Cardiovascular Diseases
World Heart Day was established by the World Heart Federation in collaboration with the World Health Organization to raise awareness of cardiovascular diseases.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the world’s number one killer, causing over 18.6 million deaths per year, according to the World Heart Federation. 85% of these deaths are due to coronary heart diseases (e.g. heart attacks) and cerebrovascular diseases (e.g. strokes) and mostly affect low-and middle-income countries.
What are cardiovascular diseases?
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are a group of disorders relating to the heart and blood vessels and they include:
- coronary heart disease – disease of the blood vessels supplying the heart muscle
- cerebrovascular disease – disease of the blood vessels supplying the brain
- peripheral arterial disease – disease of blood vessels supplying the arms and legs
- rheumatic heart disease – damage to the heart muscle and heart valves from rheumatic fever, caused by streptococcal bacteria
- congenital heart disease – malformations of heart structure existing at birth
- deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism – blood clots in the leg veins, which can dislodge and move to the heart and lungs
How can Randox help with these current global challenges
Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease, is easier to treat when detected early. Here at Randox, we utilise innovative diagnostic tests for early risk assessment capable of diagnosing disease at the earliest possible stages, because we understand that “prevention is better than cure”.
Randox Laboratories is a world leader in innovative diagnostics with 40 years’ experience and a leading provider of diagnostic reagents for the assessment of cardiovascular disease risk. Randox offer an extensive menu of cardiac biomarkers within the cardiology reagents panel including:
- CK-MB – useful in patients with chest pain; Creatine Kinase is an enzyme produced in many different types of cells, of which high levels indicate muscle trauma or damage.
- Myoglobin – a small protein which leaks out of muscle cells after injury, is also considered a biomarker for the detection of Myocardinal Infraction.
- Routine lipid tests to determine the patient’s cholesterol and triglyceride levels – HDL Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, Total Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Independent risk assessment tests such as sdLDL Cholesterol and Lipoprotein(a) to determine any genetic factors which may increase their risk of CVD. Please note, this is necessary even for patients who have good cholesterol levels
- Secondary tests, such as High Sensitivity CRP, in addition to risk assessment markers and lipid evaluation – secondary tests are important in predicting future cardiac events of individuals with no previous history of CVD and those deemed healthy because of primary tests; approximately half of all heart attacks occur in patients classified as low risk. In addition, they can also be used to evaluate the risk of a recurrent cardiac event
- Homocysteine – elevated levels of homocysteine have been linked to various disease states including CVD. Extremely high levels are found in patients with homocystinuria, of which many suffer from early arteriosclerosis.
If you are a clinician or lab interested in our Cardiology & Lipids Panel, we have a wealth of resources available:
Download our Reagents Brochure
Download our Cardiology & Lipid Testing Brochure
If you would like to get in touch with a Sales representative please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about Randox?
Contact us or visit our homepage to view more.