Liquid Cardiac Control
The Randox Acusera Liquid Cardiac Control is designed to be both convenient and easy to use. The liquid ready-to-use format makes it ideal for both clinical laboratories and point-of-care testing. Assayed, instrument specific values are provided for an impressive 8 cardiac markers including, NT-ProBNP, D-dimer and Troponin ensuring consolidation and flexibility. Furthermore, an open vial stability of 30 days for all analytes helps to keep waste and costs to a minimum.
A myocardial infarction or heart attack is a serious medical emergency where the blood supply to the heart is blocked, usually by a blood clot. A lack of blood to the heart may seriously damage the heart muscle and can be life-threatening (NHS, 2016).
When blood flow to the heart is reduced or blocked for a length of time, damage to cardiomyocytes (heart muscle cells) results in the release of cardiac troponin. The consequent rise and/or fall in troponin levels can distinguish an acute MI from other cardiac conditions.
Troponin I & Troponin T
Cardiac troponin I and cardiac troponin T are biological markers of cardiac muscle death (cardiomyocyte necrosis). Troponins I and T come form the troponin‑tropomyosin complex which is responsible for regulating cardiac muscle contraction. Troponins I and T are the recommended biomarkers for diagnosing myocardial infarction (MI) in cases of chest pain when a rise and fall in troponin levels can signify that myocardial damage has occurred.
The optimum sensitivity of non‑high‑sensitivity troponin assays for acute MI occurs 10–12 hours after the onset of symptoms, often resulting in need for hospital admission and repeated troponin testing. To overcome this, a troponin assay with high‑sensitivity can be used. These can detect lower levels of troponin in the blood earlier, leading to faster detection of acute MI. (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, 2014)
Quality Control is a vital component of any laboratory helping to ensure accurate test system performance. Quality Control is of particular importance at medical decision levels, as such controls that contain ultra-sensitive levels of Troponin are essential.
Key Benefits & Features
- Liquid ready-to-use
- 100% human serum
- Assayed target values provided for 8 cardiac markers
- Cut off levels for Troponin I and T in line with internationally recommended levels
- Stable to expiry date at 2°C – 8°C
- Open vial stability of 30 days at 2°C – 8°C for all analytes
The liquid stable formulation requires no preparation making this control extremely easy and convenient to use.
True third party control
The Acusera Liquid Cardiac Control is a true third party control designed to provide an unbiased assessment of performance with a range of instruments and methods, helping your laboratory meet the ISO 15189 requirements.
“the use of third party control materials should be considered,
either instead of, or in addition to, any control materials
supplied by the reagent or instrument manufacturer”.
As a leading provider of multi-analyte, third party controls, Randox helps busy laboratories significantly reduce the number of controls needed to cover their test menu. Combining multiple analytes in a single control reduces cost, preparation time, and required storage space without sacrificing quality.
The additional benefit of analytes in particular Troponin I and Troponin T at key decision levels will not only ensure test system performance across the clinical range but will further aid consolidation and maximise laboratory efficiency by eliminating the need to purchase additional and often expensive low controls
- Troponin I
- Troponin T
- CK-MB (Mass)
- Covers the complete lipid profile
- True third party control ensuring unbiased performance assessment with any instrument or method
- Manufactured from 100% human serum ensuring a matrix commutable with the patient sample
- Free from Sodium Azide which can interfere with direct clearance methods of HDL and LDL Cholesterol
- Three clinically significant levels available covering low, borderline and high risk levels of HDL and LDL Cholesterol
- Covers the complete lipid profile with a choice of reporting just three parameters at a reduced cost
- Monthly analysis ensuring early identification of test system errors
- Maximised peer groups for comparative performance assessment
- Reports available within 72 hours allowing corrective action to be taken immediatel
- User-friendly reports delivering at-a-glance performance assessment
Download some of our related brochures below and broaden your understanding.
NHS. (2016). Heart attack. nhs.uk. Retrieved 15 February 2018, from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heart-attack/
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2014). Myocardial infarction (acute) Early rule out using high-sensitivity troponin tests. Nice.org.uk. Retrieved 15 February 2018, from https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/dg15/chapter/3-clinical-need-and-practice