The RX series – Raising Awareness of Urology Week
This week marks Urology Week, an important week in the annual health calendar. Urology Week is an initiative of the European Association of Urology (EAU) that aims to raise awareness of urological conditions among the general public and provide knowledge into how vital urology is to your standard of life.
What is Urology?
Urology is a surgical speciality which involves the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate and male reproductive organs. It is an extremely varied branch of medicine and caters for patients of both genders and all ages, from infants to elderly pensioners. (1)
Did you know?
There are 25 million or 16% of Europeans above 40 years of age who experience some symptoms of urinary incontinence, with costs of this condition totalling approximately €7 billion in just 6 countries? Currently, 10% of all medical care involves Urology which is a large proportion of the annual healthcare spend. (2)
The RX series Clinical Chemistry Analysers offer a comprehensive renal testing panel which allows for a quick and accurate diagnosis to combat urological diseases.
The RX series Renal Function Test Panel is aimed to help diagnose and manage conditions affecting kidney function; these tests may be used as part of general health screening or to screen someone who is at risk of developing kidney disease.
Why choose the RX series analysers to test Renal Function?
- Extremely low patient sample volumes are required ensuring the upmost in patient comfort
- Accurate testing ensures patients can receive correct treatment as early as possible
- STAT functionality allows for the addition of emergency samples when required
- Advanced QC capabilities insuring your results are both accurate and reliable.
View the Full RX series Test Menu Here
For more information please visit www.randox.com/clinical-chemistry-analysers or contact email@example.com to speak with your local Randox Representative.
Follow us on Social Media
(1) The British Association of Urological Surgeons Limited. (2017). What Is Urology? Available: https://www.baus.org.uk/patients/information/default.aspx. Last accessed 26th Sept 2017.
(2) European Association of Urology. (2017). Urology Statistics.Available: http://www.urologyweek.org/what_is_urology/statistics/. Last accessed 26th Sept 2017.