Exceptional correlation with standard methods
A correlation coefficient of r=0.99 was found when measured against the Ultracentrifugation method
Wide measuring range
With a measuring range of 0.189-22.2 mmol/l, it will comfortably detect levels outside of the healthy limit of 4.90 mmol/l
Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Correlation coefficient of r=0.99 with Ultracentrifugation method
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
- Measuring range 0.189-22.2 mmol/l
What is sLDL Cholesterol assay used for?
Small Dense LDL (sLDL) is a subtype of LDL cholesterol which is responsible for carrying triglycerides and cholesterol to the tissues. The size of LDLs vary through dietary lipid intake and genetic determination. Smaller particles such as sLDL are significantly more atherogenic due to their size as they are more susceptible to oxidation and permeate the inner arterial wall more readily.
sLDL measurement is extremely valuable as it is a vital risk marker for myocardial infarction and an elevated level of sLDL has a three-fold increased risk of myocardial infarction. The most significant factor that contributes to elevated sLDL include is a diet high in saturated fat and a sedentary lifestyle.
- Moloney, F., et al. Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation, insulin sensitivity, and lipoprotein metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus 1,2,3. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2004, 80(4): 887-895
- Nowak, M., et al. Changes in lipid metabolism in women with age-related macular degeneration. Clin. Exp. Med., 2005, 4(4): 183-187
- Chen, C-W and Cheng, H-H. A rice bran oil diet increases LDL-receptor and HMG-CoA reductase mRNA expressions and insulin sensitivity in rats with streptozotocin/nicotinamide-induced type 2 diabetes. J. Nutr. 2006, 136: 1472-1476
- Moreira Lima, L., et al. Níveis Plasmàticos Elevados de Lipoproteína(a) Correlacionados com a Gravidade da Doenca Arterial Coronariana em Pacientes Submetidos à Angiografia (Increased Serum Levels of Lipoprotein(a) Correlated with the Severity of Coronary Artery Disease in Patients Submitted to Angiography. Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia. 2006, 87(3): 260-266
- Chou T-W., et al. A Rice bran oil diet improves lipid abnormalities and suppress hyperinsulinemic responses in rats with streptozotocin/nicotinamide-induced Type 2 diabetes. J.Clin. Biochem.Nutr. 2009, 45(1): 29-36
- Rhodes, P., et al. Adult-onset obesity reveals prenatal programming of glucose-insulin sensitivity in male sheep nutrient restricted during late gestation. PloS ONE 2009, 4(10): e7393
- Wonnacott, K.E. et al. Dietary omega-3 and-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids affect the composition and development of sheep granulose cells, oocytes and embryos. Reproduction. 2010, 139(1): 57-69
- Ganguli, D., et al. Association between inflammatory markers and cardiovascular risk factors in women from Kolkata, W.B, India. Arq. Bras. Cardiol. 2011, 96(1): Epub
- Srinivasa, G., et al. Comparison between serum insulin levels and its resistance with biochemical, clinical and anthropometric parameters in South Indian children and adolescents. Ind. J. Biochem. 2011, 26(1): 22-27
- Yahaya, N. et al. Type 2 diabetes with good glycemic control have improved insulin response and lower non-esterified fatty acid level after a meal challenge. Journal of Diabetes Mellitus 2012, 2(1): 1-7