The measurement of proteins in the body assist in the diagnosis and evaluation of various conditions. Randox manufacture immunoturbidimetric kits for the study of a wide range of specific proteins including unique products such as Apolipoprotein C-II, Apolipoprotein C-III, Apolipoprotein E, Cystatin C and Microalbumin.
To find out more about our specific protein assays please select an option from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, read on for more information on immunoturbidimetric testing.
Specific Protein products available from Randox
Immunoturbidimetry offers an advantage over traditional nephelometry…
Immunoturbidimetry has become the main method for performing protein tests over recent years; this development is in light of the comparability and flexibility of immunoturbidimetric testing when compared to traditional nephelometric testing. Both methods measure the turbidity of a sample to determine the level of analyte; the difference is that immunoturbidimetric tests measure the absorbance of light by the sample whereas nephelometric tests measure the light scattered at a fixed angle.
The move from nephelometric testing to immunoturbidimetric testing provides numerous advantages, most notably they offer lower laboratory costs; nephelometry requires the use of dedicated instruments known as Nephelometers, which are slow, have high consumable costs, require highly trained personnel, and are not able to perform any other type of assay. Immunoturbidimetric tests, on the other hand, are carried out on routine clinical analysers, thus offering test consolidation; consolidation of tests on one single platform offers improved laboratory efficiency, versatility, rapid testing and cost-savings.
We offer unique specific protein assays!
Randox offer a range of specific protein tests with various unique assays including:
- Apolipoprotein C-II, for use in the assessment of CVD; Apo C-II is an amino acid protein synthesised mainly in the liver, of which deficiency can lead to increased risk of coronary artery disease, chylomicronemia, xanthomas and recurrent pancreatitis. Randox Apo C-II produces truly accurate results with excellent sensitivity of 1.48mg/dl and limited interference from Bilirubin, Haemoglobin, Intralipid and Triglycerides
- Apolipoprotein C-III, an emerging risk factor of CVD; Apo C-III is an amino acid protein which circulates in plasma in association with triglyceride rich lipoproteins and HDL, of which elevated levels are associated with primary and secondary hypertriglyceridemia, type 2 diabetes, hyperbilirubinemia, deficient kidneys and decreased thyroid function. Randox Apo C-III guarantees results with excellent linearity of 21.7mg/dl and limited interference from Bilirubin, Haemoglobin, Intralipid and Triglycerides
- Apolipoprotein E, for identification of CVD; Apo E is amino acid protein synthesised mainly in the liver, in addition to the brain, spleen, lungs, adrenals, ovaries, kidneys, muscle cells and in macrophages. Apo E deficiency can lead to premature atherosclerosis. Randox Apo E has an excellent measuring range of 1.04-12.3 mg/dl and therefore can comfortably detect abnormal Apo E levels
- Cystatin C, a specific and sensitive biomarker of renal dysfunction; Cystatin C is a protein removed and broken down by the kidneys and is considered the most effective marker for detecting kidney disease in infants and in the elderly. This is because it is highly sensitive to small changes in the GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate); the rate at which glomeruli in the kidney filters impurities from the blood. Randox Cystatin C is suitable for use with serum and plasma samples, and has a wide measuring range able to comfortably detect abnormal levels. With on-board stability of 28 days at 10°C it also reduces reagent wastage
- Microalbumin, used to detect very small levels of albumin in the urine; low albumin concentrations in urine are the earliest marker of renal damage and therefore the Microalbumin test enables preventative measures to be taken. Randox Microalbumin immunoturbidimetric test enables sensitive and accurate assessment of albumin levels with excellent sensitivity of 5.11 mg/l to ensure even low albumin concentrations are detected
Randox specific protein assays have many benefits including:
- Bio-chemistry automated for rapid, efficient testing
- Flexibility with applications available for use on a wide range of clinical chemistry analysers
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents for efficiency
- Latex enhanced for increased sensitivity
- Wide measuring ranges, minimising the need to perform repeat tests
- Minimal interference from haemoglobin, bilirubin, triglycerides and intralipids
- Excellent correlation with competitor methods and instruments
To order your specific protein assays please visit our online store or contact email@example.com to get in touch with your local sales representative. Alternatively, contact us to request a kit insert, or refer to our individual product pages for more information.