Quantative and qualitative results available
For choice and convenience
Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
- Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination Assay (TPHA) method
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
- Qualitative or quantitative results
What is the Syphilis assay used for?
Syphilis is a chronic, contagious and often congenital venereal disease caused by Treponema pallidum. Infection results from contact with moist surfaces, originating in lesions of the epithelial tissue of the skin and mucous membranes. If untreated the disease may result in irreversible changes in the cardiovascular and nervous system. Syphilis remains a disease of high incidence, despite advances in modern antibiotic therapy.
- Temmerman, M., et al. Effect of a syphilis control programme on pregnancy outcome in Nairobi, Kenya. Sex Transm. Infect2000, 76: 117-121 (TPHA).
- Altaf, A. et al. High risk behaviors of injection drug users registered with harm reduction programme in Karachi, Pakistan. Harm Reduction Journal. 2007, 4: 7 (TPHA).