With a reaction time of 3 minutes
Standard supplied with kit
Simplifying the order process
Suitable for use with a wide variety of sample types
Including serum, plasma, wine, beer and fruit juice
Randox Total Antioxidant Status (TAS) (Colorimetric)
- Colorimetric method
- Lyophilised reagents
- Working reagent stable for 2 days at 2-8°C or 8 hours at 15-25°C
- Linear up to 2.50mmol/l
- Applications available
What is Total Antioxidant Status (TAS) assay used for?
The antioxidant defence system has many components; a deficiency in any of these components can cause a reduction in the overall antioxidant status of an individual. Reduction in total antioxidant status has been implicated in several disease states, such as cancer and heart disease. The Randox TAS kit measures the total antioxidant capacity of a sample i.e. anything that has an antioxidant effect.
- Krawczuk-Rybak, M., et al (2012) Total antioxidant status (TAS) in childhood cancer survivors. Folia Histochemica et Cytobiologica. 50(3):, 163-168.
- Krawczyk, D., et al (2012) Dental caries and total antioxidant status of unstimulated mixed whole saliva in patients aged 16-23 years. Adv. Med. Sci. 57: , 4(11): 163-168.
- Rosety-Rodríguez, M., et al. (2012) (Article in Spanish) Aerobic training improves antioxidant defense system in women with metabolic syndrome. Medicina (B Aires). 72: 15-18.
- Sánchez-Rodríguez, M.A., et al. (2012) Menopause as risk factor for oxidative stress. Menopause. 19(3): 361-367.
- Ali, B.H., et al. (2013) Comparative efficacy of three brands of gum acacia on adenine-induced chronic renal failure in rats.Physiol. Res.. 62:, 47-56.
- Capcarová, M., et al. (2013) The role of dietary bee pollen in antioxidant potential in rats. Eurasian J. Vet. Sci. 29(3)133-137.
- Fathiazad, F., et al (2013) Effect of Cinnamon zeylanicum on serum testosterone and anti-oxidants levels in rats. Int. J. Women’s Health Reproduction. 1(1): 3(2): 29-35.
- Goo, J.S., et al. (2013) Proteomic analysis of kidneys from selenoprotein M transgenic rats in response to increased bioability of selenium. Clin. Proteomics. 10:, 10.
- Herbet, M., et al. (2013) Influence of combined therapy with rosuvastatin and amitriptyline on the oxidation-reduction status in rats. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica. 70(5):, 913-917.
- Kaya, S., et al. (2013) Reduced total antioxidant status in postterm pregnancies. Hyppokratia. 17(1):, 55-59.
- Kocot, J., et al. (2013) Total antioxidant status value and superoxide dismutase activity in human colorectal cancer tissue depending on the stage of the disease: a pilot study. Adv. Clin. Exp. Med. 22(3): 431-437.
- Norouzi, E., et al. (2013) Short communication. Dietary supplementation effects of zinc acetate and magnesium sulfate on performance and antioxidant status of broilers under continuous heat stress. Span. J. Agric. Res. 11(1): 127-131.
- Novaković, N., et al. (2013) Antioxidative status of saliva before and after non-surgical periodontal treatment. Srp. Arch. Celok. Lek. 141(3-4): , 163-168.
- Ogunro, P.S, et al. (2013) Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in patients with primary generalized epilepsy. Arch. Appl. Sci. Res. 5(1): , 68-74.
- Park, S.Y. and Lee S.P. (2013) Effectiveness of crowberry on plasma antioxidant status, lipid profile and homocysteine. J. Food Nutr. Res. 1(4): , 37-41.
- Vasilyeva, E.M., et al. (2013) Correlation between antioxidant enzymes activity and intraerythrocyte concentration of Fe, Mg, Zn, Cu in pulmonary arterial hypertension and cor pulmonale in children with congenital lung disease and cystic fibrosis. Int. J. BioMed 3(1): , 15-19.