For a wide variety of clinical chemistry analysers including the RX series
The Zinc assay showed a correlation coefficient of 0.9946 against another commercially available method
Liquid ready-to-use reagents
The Randox Zinc reagent comes in a liquid format which is more convenient, and can also help reduce the risk of errors occurring
Randox Zinc (Colorimetric)
- Colorimetric method
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry date when stored at 15-25⁰C
- Measuring range 11.3 – 159 µmol/l
- Applications available
Instrument Specific Applications (ISA’s) are available for a wide range of biochemistry analysers. Contact us to enquire about your specific analyser.
What is Zinc assay used for?
Zinc is an essential trace metal, which is second only to Iron. It is present in Zinc metalloenzymes e.g. carbonic anhydrase, alkaline phosphatase, R.N.A and D.N.A polymerases, thimidine kinase, carboxypeptidases and alcohol dehydrogenase.
- Dobrzański, Z. et al. Effect of various feed phosphates on biochemical indices of blood and mineral composition of bones in finishing pigs. ACTA VET. BRNO. 2010, 79: 355-361
- Farahani, H.N., et al. Study on serum zinc and selenium levels in epileptic patients. Neurosciences (Riyadh) 2013, 18(2): 138-142