Randox Cardiology Reagents Panel
Randox is a leading provider of diagnostic reagents for the assessment of cardiovascular disease risk. Our extensive menu of cardiac biomarkers within the cardiology reagents panel include: routine lipid tests such as Homocysteine, hsCRP, Apo A-I, Apo A-II, Apo B and Lp(a), as well as, unique assays for cardiac risk assessment including sdLDL Cholesterol, Apo C-II, Apo C-III and Apo E. Check out our benefits below.
- CK-MB useful in patients with chest pain; Creatine Kinase is an enzyme produced in many different types of cells, of which high levels indicate muscle trauma or damage.
- Myoglobin, a small protein which leaks out of muscle cells after injury, is also considered a biomarker for the detection of Myocardinal Infraction.
- Routine lipid tests to determine the patient’s cholesterol and triglyceride levels – HDL Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, Total Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Independent risk assessment tests such as sdLDL Cholesterol and Lipoprotein(a) to determine any genetic factors which may increase their risk of CVD. Please note, this is necessary even for patients who have good cholesterol levels
- Secondary tests, such as High Sensitivity CRP, in addition to risk assessment markers and lipid evaluation – secondary tests are important in predicting future cardiac events of individuals with no previous history of CVD and those deemed healthy as a result of primary tests; approximately half of all heart attacks occur in patients classified as low risk. In addition, they can also be used to evaluate the risk of a recurrent cardiac event
- Speciality tests include
- Homocysteine – elevated levels of homocysteine have been linked to various disease states including CVD. Extremely high levels are found in patients with homocystinuria, of which many suffer from early arteriosclerosis.