Coronavirus Outbreak Preparedness EQA Pilot Study
Randox Laboratories and QCMD are pleased to announce a new EQA scheme for SARS-CoV-2. The new EQA programme is designed to evaluate a laboratories ability to detect different coronaviruses including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) using routine molecular methods.
Reliable laboratory testing is an essential aspect of the COVID-19 clinical management and outbreak control. There is therefore an urgent need for external quality assessment (EQA) schemes to allow diagnostic laboratories to evaluate their diagnostic methods. The QCMD 2020 Coronavirus Outbreak Preparedness EQA Pilot Study (CVOP20) will offer laboratories, that have recently set up specific molecular diagnostics, the opportunity to assess the performance of their assays against international peer groups.
QCMD is a world leading EQA / Proficiency Testing (PT) provider, dedicated to improving the quality of molecular diagnostic assays used in the detection of infectious diseases. With an extensive database of over 2000 participants in over 100 countries, QCMD is one of the largest providers of molecular EQA in the field of infectious disease testing.
For more information on QCMD click here
Features & Benefits
- Whole Pathogen – The programme will consist of 6 whole pathogen samples which should be analysed for SARS-CoV-2 and other coronaviruses. Whole pathogen samples will contains the entire viral genome, making it compatible with the majority of commercial & in-house assays targeting the CDC and WHO consensus sequences.
- Monitor the Entire Testing Process – EQA samples are designed to mimic the patient sample and assess the full testing process from extraction to amplification and detection.
- Comprehensive Reports – All participants will receive a “real-time” rapid report upon submission of results, followed by a full EQA report with individual laboratory performance.
- Online EQA Management System – IT EQA Management System (ITEMS) provides an online tool to easily manage all EQA activities from programme registration to submission of results and provision of EQA reports.
- Not Infectious – Samples containing SARS-CoV-2 are inactivated and not infectious
Sample NA Target Source – Cultured and/or clinical material
Target Range – Covers the clinical range
Matrix – Transport Medium
Sample Volume – 1.0 ml
Analysis Type – Qualitative
Format – Liquid Frozen
|Catalogue Number||Product Description||Pack Size|
|QAV204214_1||Coronavirus Outbreak Preparedness EQA Pilot Study||8 x 1 ml|