Celebrating World Hepatitis Day 2022!
Hepatitis is a condition that affects the liver and can be caused by an infection with a virus. With five different types of Hepatitis from A to E, the most common types of viral Hepatitis are A, B and C. These three viruses affect millions of people worldwide, causing both short-term illnesses and long-term liver disease.
World Hepatitis Day highlights the need to accelerate the fight against viral hepatitis and the importance of testing and treatment for those in need. The “I can’t wait” campaign brought to us by World Hepatitis Alliance, amplifies the voices of those affected demanding immediate action and the end of the stigma and discrimination attached.
Currently there are 325 million people who live with hepatitis globally with more than 1.1 million lives lost to hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
It is important to note that the use of appropriate quality control measures is vital in ensuring the appropriate daily performance of the assay used in the laboratory independent of the technology.
Features & Benefits of Randox Molecular Blood Borne Virus (BBV) Controls
- Traceable to International Standard (where available) or to Internal Reference Material
- Liquid frozen for user convenience and ease of use
- The panels are suitable for use with the majority of commercial and in-house molecular methods
- Manufactured to ISO: 13485 quality standards
Download brochure here
In addition to this, we have our third party Infectious Disease (Serology) Controls which are designed to deliver a cost-effective, high-quality solution for the analysis of infectious disease. Our controls are compatible for use on wide range of immunoassay platforms.
Features and Benefits
- Liquid ready to use – All samples are provided in a user-friendly, liquid ready-to-use format significantly reducing preparation time and the risk of pipetting errors.
- Commutability- Manufactured from human plasma each control is designed to react to the test system in the same manner as the patient sample, helping to meet ISO 15189:2012 requirements.
- True third-party controls – Designed to deliver an independent, unbiased assessment of performance with any instrument or method the Acusera range will help to meet ISO 15189:2012 requirements and eliminate the need for multiple instrument specific controls.
- Reduced waste – With a working stability of 60 days art 2oc to 8oC waste and costs are kept to a minimum.
- Consolidation – The availability of multi-marker controls will reduce the number of individual controls required ultimately reducing costs, time, and storage space.
- Clinically relevant – Designed to challenge clinically relevant ranges our low reactive samples will ensure accurate and reliable instrument performance.
- Acusera 24.7 – Our Acusera Infectious Disease (Serology) Controls are compatible for use with our interlaboratory data management software Acusera 24.7.
For more information about Third party Infectious Disease (Serology) Controls:
Visit our website: Serology Quality Controls
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org