Wide measuring range
With a measuring range of 1.04-12.3 mg/dl, it will comfortably detect levels outside of the healthy range of 2.7-4.5mg/dl
Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
Liquid ready-to-use reagents
The Randox Apolipoprotein E reagent comes in a liquid format which is more convenient, and can also help reduce the risk of errors occurring
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8°C
- Measuring range 1.04-12.3 mg/dl
What is Apolipoprotein E assay used for?
Apolipoprotein E is a 299 amino acid protein produced mainly in the liver and to a lesser extent in the brain, spleen, lungs adrenals, ovaries, kidneys, muscle cells and in macrophages. APO E has many functions including transport of triglycerides to the liver tissue and distribution of cholesterol between cells. APO E influences the serum levels of total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and the concentration of APO B.
An APO E test is carried out to:
- help confirm a diagnosis of type III hyperlipoproteinaemia
- evaluate a possible genetic cause of atherosclerosis
- help confirm a diagnosis of late onset Alzheimer’s Disease