Exceptional correlation with standard methods
A correlation coefficient of r=1.00 was found when measured against another commercially available method
Wide measuring range
The Randox Cystatin C assay has a wide measuring range of 0.4 – 10 mg/l which will comfortably detect levels outside of the healthy range of 0.57 – 1.05 mg/l
Stable on board the analyser for 28 days when stored at 10⁰C
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents
- Stable to expiry when stored at 2-8⁰C
- Measuring range 0.4-10 mg/l
- Intra-assay precision 4.2% at 0.78 mg/l and 2.6% at 5.35 mg/l
- Total precision 6.2% at 0.78 mg/dl and 4.4% at 5.35 mg/dl
- No need to measure urine to get a true Glomerular Filtration Rate
What is Cystatin C assay used for?
Cystatin C is freely filtered by the glomerular membrane making blood levels a good indicator of GFR function. Several studies have even documented Cystatin C as a superior marker of GFR function compared to Creatinine. Unlike Creatinine, Cystatin C does not have a ‘blind area’ meaning it is extremely sensitive to very small changes in GFR and therefore capable of detecting early reductions in GFR.