Randox Biosciences and Mental Health & Wellbeing Month
Mental Health Day is held every year on the 10th of October since 1992 1 to raise awareness and support against the stigma. 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience mental illness each year 2.
“Everyone has mental health. It involves our emotional, psychological and social well-being and it affects how we feel, think and act” 3 Mental Health can also affect an individual’s daily life, relationships and physical health. Lives are taken as a result from mental health therefore it is vital that we acknowledge the syndromes of mental health in order provide help and support.
Randox held a mental health and well-being month. This entailed a yellow shirt day, an organised free-fall abseiling from the dome of Victoria Square, cake sale and yoga throughout the month! Randox care for the health of their staff and want to ensure that mental health is just as important as physical and that it is ok to not be ok.
At Randox Biosciences, we are devoted to the development of innovative diagnostic tests to improve patient care worldwide. We strive to maintain a stress-free environment for our employees by recognising the signs of mental health to lower mental health in order to create a positive working environment.
- Reach out. If you feel like you experience mental health, talk to someone. It will lift the weight off your shoulders and you could get the help you require.
- Do something you enjoy! It can be a hobby or spending time with your family and friends.
- Go for a walk. Fresh air can clear a head.
- Take time out of digital devices. Technology have taken over and sometimes taking an hour off social medias can help.
- Sleep more. Having a full night’s sleep can change your mood completely.
- Eat well and exercise. It is easy to forget your physical health. When you have a nutritional diet and exercise regularly, you’re stronger and healthier.
- Avoid alcohol and drug-use.
Help-lines for mental health include the following:
To find out more email us at email@example.com