Randox Laboratories and Roquefort Therapeutics Collaborate to Develop Midkine Cancer Antibodies
Randox and Roquefort Therapeutics collaborate to develop midkine cancer antibodies
Randox Laboratories collaborate with Roquefort Therapeutics, an LSE market listed biotech company, dedicated to developing first in class medicines in the high value, high growth oncology market. The partnership is focused on the field of medical diagnostics only, in relation to Roquefort’s Midkine antibody portfolio.
The collaboration Randox will allow to utilise Roquefort’s Midkine antibodies in the field of medical diagnostics. Randox will therefore engage with Roquefort in research programmes to identify new cancer diagnostics that will be treatable with the companies Midkine products.
Why this partnership is important?
Midkine is a herapin binding protein, known for being important in embryonic development. While normally undetected in healthy adults, it is often highly expressed in cancer, inflammatory conditions and autoimmune disorders. Extensive research has revealed that blocking Midkine with antibodies can help slow tumour growth, reduce metastasis and overcome treatment resistance.
Within the partnership, Randox focuses on medical diagnostics to detect cancers expressing Midkine, produce the diagnostics essential for clinical trials and help Roquefort Therapeutics remain focused on developing first in class oncology medicines.
Randox are highly committed to preventative healthcare through early and more accurate diagnostics therefore this partnership with Roquefort Therapeutics is vitally important. Early diagnosis significantly increases a patient’s chance of survival thus using medical diagnostics to identify patients with cancer expressing Midkine is essential to the development of first-in-class cancer medicines and the future of cancer treatments.
When talking about the partnership, Dr Peter Fitzgerald, Managing Director of Randox said
About Roquefort Therapeutics
Roquefort Therapeutics is a cancer focused biotech company developing first in class drugs in the high value and high growth oncology segment prior to partnering or selling to big pharma. Since listing in March 2021, Roquefort successfully acquired Lyramid Pty Ltd, a leader in the development of medicines for a new therapeutic target, Midkine and has since developed a leadership position in Midkine intellectual property.
Roquefort Therapeutics’ focused portfolio consists of four fully funded, novel patent protected, pre-clinical, anti-cancer medicines that include:
- Midkine antibodies with significant in vivo efficacy and toxicology studies
- Midkine RNA therapeutics with novel anti-cancer gene editing action
- MK cell therapy with direct NK-mediate anti-cancer action and
- SiRNA targeting novel STAT-6 target in solid tumour showing significant in VIVO efficacy.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
People get confused about whether certain vitamins and foods prevent cancer? Cancer is not a single disease and can have many different causes that make it impossible for anyone nutrient to protect against all types of cancer. There is no guarantee that you’ll remain cancer free for your life time. But proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle like no smoking, not abusing alcohol, limited exposure to pollutants, eliminating food additives and exercise can lower your odds of developing cancer.
What is an anti-cancer diet?
Healthy food is like an anti-cancer agent, which helps people in reducing cancer growing properties. Some of the anti-cancer foods that people can add in their diet are:
- A variety of fresh, natural and less processed foods that lowers the risk of cancer production in humans.
- Fruits such as berries and kiwifruit are a good source of vitamins and nutrients.
- Fish and chicken (organic) lays the foundation of lowering the risk of cancer development.
- Fruits like nuts and whole grains are also a great source of anti-cancer diet.
- Tomatoes are antioxidant that is rich in lycopene. These have the capability to reduce the possibilities of prostate, lung and stomach cancers.
- Avoiding fast food, fried foods and packaged foods.
- Spinach is full of iron and other antioxidants that protect cells from the type of damage that can create cancerous mutations.
- You can also eat fish once or twice a week.
These are some of the anti-cancer precautions that people can add in their diet plan so as to prevent cancer developing agents.
Various tests for anti-cancer
There are only two main popular and effective tests for anti-cancer are
- In-vivo efficacy.
In-vitro anti-cancer efficacy testing
In-vitro anti-cancer is a test research that provides patients with various options and its effective capabilities include:
Medicines and drug radiation combination and scheduling studies
- Cell cycle analysis
- Apoptosis measurements
- Custom assay
- Angiogenesis assays
- Caco-2 assays
- Hollow fibre screening assay
- Enzyme and receptor binding assays
- Gene and protein expression
- Imaging and cellular localization
- Drug uptake/retention studies
In-vivo testing efficacy
This testing efficacy is the most clinically useful agents. Following are the In-vivo anti-cancer efficacy evaluations that are available to assist clients in advancing pharmaceutical products:
- Anti-cancer efficacy models
- Establishment of maximum tolerated dose
- Determination of schedule dependency
- Spectrum of activity analyses
- Radiation treatments
- Early vs. late-stage disease comparisons
- Evaluation to maximize compound effectiveness
- Cross-resistance profiles
Some cancers are treated primarily by a wide range of anti-cancer drugs, whereas many cancers are treated by a combination of surgery and radiotherapy.
Meggie is a niche writer who loves to write on hot and trending topics. She is currently writing for OnlineRxMEdicines.