Randox Laboratories and Roquefort Therapeutics Collaborate to Develop Midkine Cancer Antibodies
Randox and Roquefort Therapeutics collaborate to develop midkine cancer antibodies
Randox Laboratories collaborate with Roquefort Therapeutics, an LSE market listed biotech company, dedicated to developing first in class medicines in the high value, high growth oncology market. The partnership is focused on the field of medical diagnostics only, in relation to Roquefort’s Midkine antibody portfolio.
The collaboration Randox will allow to utilise Roquefort’s Midkine antibodies in the field of medical diagnostics. Randox will therefore engage with Roquefort in research programmes to identify new cancer diagnostics that will be treatable with the companies Midkine products.
Why this partnership is important?
Midkine is a herapin binding protein, known for being important in embryonic development. While normally undetected in healthy adults, it is often highly expressed in cancer, inflammatory conditions and autoimmune disorders. Extensive research has revealed that blocking Midkine with antibodies can help slow tumour growth, reduce metastasis and overcome treatment resistance.
Within the partnership, Randox focuses on medical diagnostics to detect cancers expressing Midkine, produce the diagnostics essential for clinical trials and help Roquefort Therapeutics remain focused on developing first in class oncology medicines.
Randox are highly committed to preventative healthcare through early and more accurate diagnostics therefore this partnership with Roquefort Therapeutics is vitally important. Early diagnosis significantly increases a patient’s chance of survival thus using medical diagnostics to identify patients with cancer expressing Midkine is essential to the development of first-in-class cancer medicines and the future of cancer treatments.
When talking about the partnership, Dr Peter Fitzgerald, Managing Director of Randox said
About Roquefort Therapeutics
Roquefort Therapeutics is a cancer focused biotech company developing first in class drugs in the high value and high growth oncology segment prior to partnering or selling to big pharma. Since listing in March 2021, Roquefort successfully acquired Lyramid Pty Ltd, a leader in the development of medicines for a new therapeutic target, Midkine and has since developed a leadership position in Midkine intellectual property.
Roquefort Therapeutics’ focused portfolio consists of four fully funded, novel patent protected, pre-clinical, anti-cancer medicines that include:
- Midkine antibodies with significant in vivo efficacy and toxicology studies
- Midkine RNA therapeutics with novel anti-cancer gene editing action
- MK cell therapy with direct NK-mediate anti-cancer action and
- SiRNA targeting novel STAT-6 target in solid tumour showing significant in VIVO efficacy.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Randox Biosciences is a world-leading primary manufacturer of high quality monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, antibody fragments and human recombinant proteins. Our team of scientists possess unrivalled expertise which enables us to provide you with a comprehensive suite of products and services dedicated to advancing biopharmaceutical research and diagnostics.
Randox Biosciences offers an extensive portfolio of over 900 products for a multitude of R&D applications including more than 500 monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies and over 140 human recombinant proteins as well as antibody fragments, buffers & diluents and plasma.
- Biochemical markers: Biochemical messengers, fatty acid binding proteins and products with applications in the following therapeutic areas; cardiovascular/cerebrovascular and metabolic/Nutrition
- Drugs of abuse: Alcohol, anti-depressants, barbituates, hallucinogens, opiates, stimulants
- Drug Residues: antimicrobial drugs, growth promoters, mycotoxins
- Biochemical markers: Biochemical messengers, fatty acid binding proteins and products with applications in the following therapeutic areas; Immunology, Oncology, Cardiovascular/Cerebrovascular and Metabolic/Nutrition
- Drugs of abuse: Alcohol, Analgesics, Anti‑depressants, Barbituates, Benzodiazepines, Hallucinogens, Opiates, Sedatives, Stimulants, Synthetic Drugs, Therapeutic drugs
- Drug Residues: Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Antimicrobial Drugs, Anti-Parasitic Drugs, Growth Promoters, Mycotoxins
Recombinant Antibody Fragments
- Single chain variable fragment (scFvs)
- Single domain antibodies (sdAbs)
Frozen Human Plasma
- Available in three formats (Male, Female and Mixed Gender)
- Highly screened for; HIV, Hepatitis B+C, HTLV I + II, Syphilis, CMV and Procleix WNV
Human Recombinant Proteins (E.Coli & Mammalian)
- Adhesion Molecules
- Tumour markers
Buffers & Diluents
- Complementary range available
Key Features & Benefits
- All products manufactured at our ISO 13485 accredited UK manufacturing plant
- Product range of over 900 products
- 30 years’ experience in raw material manufacture and assay development
- Many unique and novel products including designer drugs, Mycotoxins and oncology markers
- As our host animals are sheep, our antibodies have higher sensitivity and specificity
- Excellent reproducibility between lot numbers
- Products reflect the components used in-house in the production of Randox diagnostic products and research programs
- Highly experienced in developing difficult targets (i.e. small molecules and novel biomarkers)
- Full customisation service available
- A range of pack sizes available including bulk quantities for commercial development
- Products can be used in a multitude
Custom Development Services
To meet your precise requirements, Randox Biosciences offer customised antibody generation services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Our custom development service, which encompasses antibodies and human recombinant proteins has achieved tremendous success within the biopharmaceutical and diagnostic industries. Key components of our custom service are our range of monoclonal antibodies as well as our recombinant antibody fragments (sdAbs, scFvs, fAbs).
Our customisation service has proven incredibly successful in the research and development industries allowing access our expertise to obtain the antibody and protein most relevant to your line of work. With over 300 highly trained research scientists and over 30 years’ experience in commercial assay development, Randox Biosciences can also provide a tailor-made assay development service to meet your specifications in both a timely and cost-effective manner.
For more information contact: info@Randoxbiosciences.com