Product Focus: Calibrators
The importance of accurate instrument calibration in the laboratory is often overlooked. At Randox Quality Control we believe that accurate calibration is the foundation for producing reliable patient results. In fact, we believe that this should be your first step in ensuring accurate instrument performance and something you should consider carefully.
Effective instrument calibration will provide you with a baseline for your analysers from which accurate results can be produced. This baseline is then used to adjust readings to match the computed value and ensure accurate patient results are reported.
Calibrator features you should consider;
As well as frequent recalibration, according to the instructions provided by the instrument / reagent manufacturer, Randox Quality Control recommends;
- Utilising a third party calibrator, such as those available from our Acusera range, which have independently assigned values and have not been optimized for use with any specific instrument or reagent system
- Ensuring the calibrator you employ has the same matrix as a patient sample
- Choosing a calibrator that is 100% commutable, ensuring it mimics the behaviour of a patient sample
- A multi-analyte calibrator with a long shelf life
Clinical Chemistry Calibration Serum
Third party calibrator covering 42 commonly used clinical chemistry tests. Method and instrument specific target values and ranges are provided for most chemistry analysers. Two clinically significant levels are available.
Features & Benefits
- Lyophilised for enhanced stability
- Human based serum
- Instrument specific target values provided for 42 parameters
- Stable to expiry date at 2°C – 8°C
- Reconstituted stability of 7 days at 2°C – 8°C or 4 weeks at -20°C